I was attending a media conference in downtown Vancouver, Canada. I was there because I was scheduled to participate in a symposium to provide information to authors who wanted to write nonfiction books and articles — specifically how to turn scientific jargon into understandable language for the average reader. While I was there I noticed some interesting talks which I decided to attend, even though they were outside of my normal interests. One of these had a title which was something like “How to Make Photographs of Women More Attractive and Appealing”.
Our community college partners offer courses designed to assist you in achieving your therapy dog registration, conforming to the requirements of leading local and national registering agencies. Click here for participating colleges, teaching schedules and faculty qualifications.
Who Should Attend?
- Any person age 16+ desiring a better understand of the field of therapy dog service and the process of qualifying their dog and themselves to become a therapy handler team either as a volunteer or in a paid position.
- Professionally trained and licensed healthcare-related clinicians and educators wanting to integrate animal-assisted therapy into their practices.
- Directors of volunteer services in hospitals and other non-profit and government agencies starting up or expanding an animal therapy program.
- College educators and other learning program managers wanting to increase student enrollment and revenue.
- HR professionals desiring to increase employee job satisfaction by providing therapy dog services at their workplace.
- Private sector operating executives desiring to increase customer and patron satisfaction.
Richard Katz and his Standard Poodle, Rudy, is certified to provide therapy dog services for disaster relief, having obtained the highest “complex” rating from Pet Partners. Rudy and Richard have provided therapy dog services for a variety facilities including the UCLA Health System, Los Angeles Airport, dependency rehabilitation agencies, colleges, hotels, and community agencies to name a few.
Richard holds a B.A. in Business Administration from UCLA and an M.A. in Industrial Relations from University of Minnesota and has been an educator and corporate training director for over 20 years.